The instrument rating is a fun and very useful tool to have. Here you will learn to navigate, take off, and fly approaches in IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions).
The minimum Requirements are:
- Hold at least a Private Pilots License.
- 40 hours of instrument time; 15 of which have to be with an authorized flight instructor.
- A total of 50 hours Cross Country flight time, of which a minimum of 10 hours have to be in airplane.
- Instrument Training on one cross country flight performed under IFR and consist of at least of:
- A distance of at least 250 nautical miles along air ways or ATC-directed routing.
- An instrument approach at each airport.
- 3 different kinds of approaches with the use of navigation systems.
- 3 hours of flight training in preparation of the check ride.
- Pass the FAA Instrument Pilot Knowledge Test.
- Pass the FAA Instrument Pilot Practical Test.
304 Citation Point, Naples FL 34104 Ph. (239) 649-8822