The commercial License is a license that will give you the opportunity to earn money in return for piloting services. This license is also a requirement for future Flight Instructors and Airline Transport Pilot applicants.
Minimum Requirements are:
- Hold at least a Private Pilots License
- A minimum of 250 hours of flight time that consists of at least:
- 100 hours in powered aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in airplanes
- 100 hours of pilot in command flight time, which includes at least:
- 50 hours in airplanes; and
- 50 hours in cross country flight of which 10 hours must be in airplanes.
- 20 hours of flight training on the areas of operation listed in FAR ¶ 61.127(b)(1) of this part that includes at least:
- 10 hours of instrument training of which at least 5 hours must be in a single-engine airplane;
- 10 hours of flight training in an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller;
- One cross country flight to at least 2 hours in single-engine airplane in day VFR conditions, consisting of total straight line distance of more than 100 nautical miles from the original point of departure;
- One cross country flight to at least 2 hours in single-engine airplane in night VFR conditions, consisting of total straight line distance of more than 100 nautical miles from the original point of departure;
- 3 hours in a single-engine airplane in the preparation of the practical test
- 10 hours of solo flight on the areas of operation listed in FAR ¶ 61.127(b)(1) of this part that includes at least:
- One cross country flight of not less than 300 nautical miles total distance, with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a straight-line distance of at least 250 nautical miles from the original departure point.
- 5 hours in night VFR conditions with 10 takeoffs and 10 landings (with each involving a flight in the traffic pattern) at an airport with an operating control tower.
304 Citation Point, Naples FL 34104 Ph. (239) 649-8822
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org WebSite: www.rexair.net